The Diabetes Self-Management Workshop is a free, six-week series that teaches participants the skills to successfully manage diabetes and ways to take control of their health. Classes are held once a week for 2 1/2 hours.
A free comprehensive metabolic panel, lipid panel and hemoglobin A1c are included for this event.
- How to monitor blood sugar and prevent complications.
- Skin and foot care basics.
- How to manage sick days.
- Exercise and nutrition.
- How to manage pain, fatigue, difficult emotions and depression.
- Medications and treatment decisions.
- How to talk with family, friends and healthcare providers.
Snacks will be provided at each session. At the end of each session, a $10 gift card will be awarded to those in attendance.